Address: 208 Central Avenue, Cass Lake, MN 56633
Assistant Principal: Ellen Skogen
218-335-2204 (ext. 6208)
Staff Directory Link:
This has email addresses, phone number, and current job titles for all school staff.
CLB families please provide us with feedback about your Elementary Distance Learning experience.
To meet the educational, social, emotional, and vocational needs of learners who are at-risk; support their pursuit of a high school diploma and prepare them for post-secondary career and educational opportunities.
Middle School (Mid-Level) Seated Program
Monday - Friday = 8:15 - 3:15
High School Seated Program
Monday - Thursday = 8:15 - 3:15
FLEX Program Schedule
Tuesday = 8:10 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday= 8:10 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday = 8:10 AM - 11:30 PM
Student Happenings/ Newsletter
At the Cass Lake Area Learning Center we believe in:
The Area Learning Center is a choice program, although students can be referred by their home school counselors, meet the At-Risk Learner Criteria, and complete necessary paperwork. We offer four different program options. Students are accepted as they are referred or register if there is space available. If enrollment is up, students will be placed on a waiting list.
The Area Learning Center provides a rigorous curriculum that demands a high level of engagement in academics, positive behaviors, exemplary attendance, social skill building and teamwork, which allows hands-on, project-based, community service projects to connect to real world learning. The MN Graduation Standards are embedded in the curriculum. Students receive instruction in a variety of ways and settings.
- Individualized Instruction: CLPs (Continual Learning Plans) are tailored to meet the student's academic needs and interests.
- Intensives: Focus on a particular topic covering all academic disciplines for a short, intensive amount of time with a variety of fieldwork in different core classes.
- Adventure/Fitness: Innovative Physical Education Curriculum that focuses on fitness, wellness, and nutrition.
- In-Depth Investigation: Interesting, purposeful, engaging investigation of compelling topics. Reading and writing activities are embedded throughout the board.
- Independent Study: Students many take advantage of a wide spectrum of classes at the ALC by enrolling Dual-Enrolled or Full-Time. This program also offeres Teen Parenting Classes
The ALC creates opportunities that promote parental/guardian support of student educational experiences (i.e. Family Fun Night). Parents/Guardians are encouraged to call the school whenever questions, comments, or concerns arise. Parents are kept up-to-date regularly throughout the school year.
For the verification of attendance and work completed to meet agency enrollment requirements, the ALC utilizes the resources of a variety of sources including probation officers, custody issues, treatment facilities, Evergreen House, Bi-CAP, MN-CEP, Indian Education, Cass Country, Beltrami County, Mental Health Professionals, and multiple surrounding school districts.
The ALC offers support services such as:
The ALC offers students a variety of other opportunities:
- P.A.W.S Program (People at Work and Study
- Outward Bound
- MAAP Stars
- Job Fairs
- Health Fairs
- Indian Education at BSU
- Leech Lake Tribal College
- Glass Etching
- Flute Making
- Itasca State Park
- Toys for Tots
- Extra-Curricular Involvement (ie. band, music, sports)