New! Parent/Guardian Opportunity:
- The middle school is excited to create an opportunity to have a parent/guardian discussion event from 6:00 pm. - 7:00 pm on Monday, December 14th.
- Parents or guardians who are interested will have a chance to join a virtual meeting to discuss updates and also hear from other middle school parents/guardians about the school year.
- At the middle school, we strive to build positive relationships with CLBMS parents, guardians and community members. With this in mind, the goal of this event will help create and foster positive connections.
- If you are interested in participating in the first virtual parent/guardian discussion event or future parent/guardian discussions, please fill out this Community Helping Panthers (CHP) Google Form
Fill out this form for anything you want help with from the MS. It will automatically get sent to the correct person.
CLBMS Distance Learning Resources:
- New! PARENT/STUDENT TECH HELP VIDEO: Mrs. Urban created this very helpful guide for Logging-In, Gmail, Google Classroom, Google Meets, and JMC. (link to slideshow that is gone over in the video)
- CLBMS DISTANCE LEARNING FAMILY GUIDE: This resource covers grading, attendance, academic supports, technology resources, counseling supports, plus many more resources. It is updated if there are any changes and has many links!
- PBIS AT HOME: The Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Team developed this resource to help families develop routines for distance learning and support students during this possibly stressful time.
- CHECK OUT LIBRARY BOOKS: Here is a flyer that has the procedure for checking out library books.
- Virtual Bookfair from Nov. 4th - 17th. (See flyer for more information)
School Newsletters and Monthly Calendar
Sexual Education and Sexual Health Services
Cass Lake-Bena Schools is participating in the Adolescent Health and Academic Equity Project through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Minnesota Department of Education to develop a program that improves the health of their students. This goal of this project is to deliver a comprehensive health education, increase access to sexual health services, and establish a safe and supportive environment for the students and staff. Policy 533-1 was developed and implemented in all of the schools effective in School Year 2017-2018. In accordance with Minnesota Statute 144.343 a school referral process has also been adopted and implemented to ensure services are confidential.
Minnesota Statute 144.343: Any minor may give effective consent for medical, mental and other health services to determine the presence of or to treat pregnancy and conditions associated therewith, venereal disease, alcohol and other drug abuse, and the consent of no other person is required.