Career Pathways Coordinator
K-12 Positions/Teaching and Learning Coordinator
Cass Lake-Bena High School
CASS LAKE-BENA SCHOOL DISTRICT #115
TITLE CAREER PATHWAYS AND WORK EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR
SUPERVISOR High School Principal
The role of the Career Pathway & Work Experience Coordinator is to promote and support the career academy programming model at CLBHS through continued growth and development of curriculum and programming including partnering staff and students with community resources to enhance real-life authentic learning experiences.
1. As determined by the Teacher Master Agreement.
1. Partner teachers with community resources to support curriculum/experiences
2. Work directly with community and Minnesota Workforce Center to enhance community partnerships.
3. Track and document community resources
4. Assist with agendas and attend quarterly partnership advisory board meetings for all academies
5. Meet with Academy teams to create and plan events for student
6. Meet with Academy teams monthly (or more) to identify community resource needs
7. Assist with development of capstone courses
8. Coordinate events:
A. 9th Grade Orientation
B. 9th Grade Commitment Ceremony
C. 9th Grade Career Expo
D. 10th Grade Field Experiences
E. 11th Grade Job Shadowing
9. Research Technology/software/programming
B. Digital portfolio (MCIS/ Google)
C. Personal Learning Plan (PLP)
10. Assist with facilitating & developing CLBHS Student Ambassador Program
A. Develop and provide student leadership training
11. Schedule and attend site visits
12. Attend regular meetings with building principal and other stake holders
13. Prepare and provide training for all stake holders in:
A. Instructional strategies
C. Technology (Chromebooks, Google Drive, room technology)
D. Active Learning/project based learning (PBL)
E. PLC/Leadership Training
F. Lesson Planning
G. Building Connections/Relationships with students and community
14. Collaborating with staff members on:
A. Freshman Seminar
B. Advisory Curriculum
C. Capstone Courses
15. Collaborating with fellow PLC Leaders
16. Coordinate college and career readiness programming
17. Leading Advisory Leadership Group
18. Support administration in other ways to implement Academies
19. Respond to other district requests for information
20. Other duties as assigned
1. Projects a positive, cooperative, and respectful attitude with community members, parents, students and other employees.
2. Maintains a positive and professional educational environment at all times.
3. Educates students to reach their full potential academically, emotionally, physically and socially.
1. Physical Involvement
A. Position requires extended periods of standing when teaching or leading activity; frequently bends for extended periods of time to provide one- on-one assistance; frequently performs keyboarding activities for class preparation or grading; periodically lifts 10-25 lbs. equipment or supplies.
2. Mental Involvement
A. Position requires working with many students who have varying levels of abilities and skills.
B. Position requires the ability to work with interruptions, handle multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work assignments.
C. Positions requires interpersonal and conflict resolution skills in dealing with students and parents.
3. Working Conditions
A. Normal classroom conditions. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens, bodily fluids. Occasional exposure to students with severe emotional disabilities. Position may require restraint of students.
SUPERVISION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES
1. This position does not include supervision of other District employees but the employee may give work directions and answer related questions regarding work/program.
1. BA/BS Degree minimum and appropriate licensure
2. Computer and various software programs, TV/VCR, Overhead projector, SmartBoard, Telephone, Copy Machine and other equipment depending on area of certification.
3. Ability to work effectively with students in a positive manner.
4. Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
5. Must complete the necessary application process and pass a criminal background check and drug screening test.