Welcome to our School
The Cass Lake-Bena Schools are located on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation and proudly serves a student population rich in Ojibwe culture and history. The student body is comprised of 90% American Indian students. Indian studies classes in language, history, and culture are offered to all students in all grades.
Facilities Assessment and Potential Referendum
The district is conducting a process to assess how well its current facilities meet the needs of students, staff, and the community. The facilities assessment process has included gathering input from staff and the community, examining the condition of existing facilities, assessing demographics and student enrollment projections, and studying the district’s educational adequacy (how well facilities are meeting the needs of modern education). To learn more, visit the Facilities/Referendum section of the website (found under District).
Community input is still needed to determine what is best for the Cass Lake-Bena community. Parents and community members are invited to a Community Input Meeting on Thursday, July 13, at 6 p.m. in the Cass Lake American Legion Auxiliary Building. Learn about the final option being considered, ask questions, and share your feedback.
- Cass Lake-Bena Elementary School, grades Preschool - 4th
* All day every day Kindergarten, with a 2 year option
- Cass Lake Middle School, grades 5 - 8
- Cass Lake-Bena High School, grades 9 - 12
- Area Learning Center, grades 7 - 12 alternative education programs
All schools include:
- Special education services on site, with additional services available through Bemidji Regional Inter-District Council for special education
- In-school small group instruction and after school tutoring programs
- Research-based education methods, including project based learning and grade-specific initiatives
- Cooperative efforts with Leech Lake Tribal College, Bemidji State University, Johns Hopkins University and the University of Montana
- Wide variety of activities including sports and arts
- Student support services: on-site counseling, home-school advocates, School Social Worker and School Resource Officer