Welcome to our School
The Cass Lake-Bena Schools are located on the Leech Lake Indian Reservation and proudly serves a student population rich in Ojibwe culture and history. The student body is comprised of 90% American Indian students. Indian studies classes in language, history, and culture are offered to all students in all grades.
2017 Community Dinner
Please join Cass Lake-Bena Public Schools on Tuesday, May 9th from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. for a community dinner and conversation. Come give your feedback on the school district’s educational and facilities needs over a delicious meal! Drop by for a bit or stay for the whole time. Your voices are valuable and we want your input! For more information please click here.
- Cass Lake-Bena Elementary School, grades Preschool - 4th
* All day every day Kindergarten, with a 2 year option
- Cass Lake Middle School, grades 5 - 8
- Cass Lake-Bena High School, grades 9 - 12
- Area Learning Center, grades 7 - 12 alternative education programs
All schools include:
- Special education services on site, with additional services available through Bemidji Regional Inter-District Council for special education
- In-school small group instruction and after school tutoring programs
- Research-based education methods, including project based learning and grade-specific initiatives
- Cooperative efforts with Leech Lake Tribal College, Bemidji State University, Johns Hopkins University and the University of Montana
- Wide variety of activities including sports and arts
- Student support services: on-site counseling, home-school advocates, School Social Worker and School Resource Officer